- Clean surface thoroughly with an effective degreasing solution. Our 'Solvalene' is the recommended choice. Scrub with a stiff bristle or wire brush removing all grease, oil and laitance.
- Rinse surface and allow to dry.
- Acid etch surface using a concrete etching solution. Our 'CRX' is highly effective. Scrub surface using a stiff bristle or wire brush for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse surface thoroughly and allow to completely dry.
- Open Re-Surf kit and remove the one gallon can, aggregate and inner liner.
- Pour contents of one gallon can (catalyst) into the (resin) 5 gallon container.
- Mix combined liquid thoroughly at slower speed using a jiffy mixer for approximately 3 minutes.
- Begin to slowly pour aggregate into liquid using jiffy mixer to blend.
- Continuing pouring, creating a mortar-like mixture.
Note: When filling holes in slab, either most or all of aggregate can be used. For repairing cracks or resurfacing damaged cap, only approximately 2/3 of aggregate should be used. Thus, giving a smooth professional appearance. When using 'Re-Surf' for resurfacing damaged caps, take special care in mixing to reach a trowelable like mortar mix.
- Using a suitable trowel for spreading 'Re-Surf', spray trowel with a 'penetrating oil' of choice, wiping away any excess. This serves as a 'release' agent and provides for a smooth application.
Note: Re-Surf should be used immediately after mixing. Average pot life is approximately 16 to 20 minutes depending on ambient temperature.